Mountains Rescue and Relief Plan
With reference to importance of providing different kinds of services such as governmental, civil and public in the southern slope of Alborz Mountain which is on the confines of Tehran and is being utilized as recreational and sportive place by many of the Tehran residents, and with taking into account present limitations in providing minimum required emergency and public services in this region, possible risks that exist and increasing number of death and injured people who planned to climb the mountains, under the approved bill of Tehran City Council, the Tehran Disaster Mitigation and Management Organization on behalf of Tehran Municipality and in cooperation with Tehran Fire Fighting and Safety Services Organization, related districts of Tehran Municipality and other organizations responsible in this field, is to plan to coordinate with civil, public and governmental bodies for preparation of specific guideline in this regard. The budget will be allocated by Tehran Municipality.
- To improve level of coordination between responsible bodies in the field of rescue and relief at mountains e.g. Tehran Municipality (District 1), TDMMO, RCS , Tehran Police, EMS, Tehran Province Mountaineering Board and Mountaineering Federation of I.R. Iran through clarifying the roles and responsibilities of each related organizations in line with their legal missions framework
- To establish Incident Command System (ICS) for promotion of rescue and relief operations at Tehran northern mountains
- To establish appropriate infrastructure and system for information distribution and public awareness
- To provide Emergency and Multipurpose Service Centers
- To carry out training programs for capable teams and assign these rescue and relief teams at mountainous stations
- To provide eligible services to civilians and climbers of Tehran northern mountains
Scope of Work:
In this plan, it is envisaged that through studying current status of rescue and relief at mountains, reviewing comparative studies that have been done in the field of rescue and relief at mountains and worldwide experiences that exist in this regard and also reviewing strategies, legal issues, programs and objectives pertaining to carrying out optimal search, rescue and relief operations at mountains and pathology of present conditions of the country, this becomes possible that the shortcomings in formulation of law, guidelines and standards bottlenecks in coordination between responsible bodies be determined and clarified and can lead to submission of appropriate mechanism and guideline.
Programs defined under Mountains Rescue and Relief Plan:
Following is the list of short term and long term programs defined under Mountains Rescue and Relief Plan:
Short Term Programs:
- To provide necessary primary equipment for rescue stations
- To establish Incident Command System for rescue and relief at mountains
- To improve Aerial Support for rescue and relief operations
- To hold safe and Clean Mountains Seminar
Long Term Programs:
- Studies on identification and pathology of present condition regarding rescue and relief at mountains and to review other countries experiences in this regard.
- Preliminary and detailed design for multipurpose centers of public services, rescue and relief stations, helipads and temporary bases.
- Construction of aforesaid items
Organizations working in the field of Rescue and Relief Operations at mountains:
- Tehran Disaster Mitigation and Management Organization (TDMMO)
- Tehran Fire Fighting and Safety Services Organization
- Tehran Municipality related Districts e.g. District 1
- Tehran Province Red Crescent Society (RCS)
- Tehran Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Tehran Basij Volunteer Group
- Tehran Province Mountaineering Board
- Tehran Disciplinary force (Tehran Police)
- Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB)
- Related Departments in Tehran Governorate
- Nongovernmental Organizations