TDMMO_ jan 18, 2022
The UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR), the United Nations Platform for Space-based Information for Disaster Management and Emergency Response (UN-SPIDER) from the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) invite partners and stakeholder to share good practices on lessons learned on Multi-hazard Early Warning Systems (MHEWS). These will contribute to the development of the Words into Action (WiA) guide on MHEWS that will provide practical advice on MHEWS in line with the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
The WiA will guide governments, stakeholders and partners on how to institutionalize, operate, monitor, and strengthen people-centred inclusive approaches for multi-hazard early warning systems which enable early action.
This Call aims at collecting experiences, lessons learned and key aspects of existing MHEWS to inform the design of new or strengthening of existing EWS. More specifically, the Call will allow compiling different experiences, in terms of policy changes, research advances and practices that highlight key components of MHEWS.
How to engage?
- Fill the online form. While only online submissions will be accepted, the form is available in its offline format to facilitate the preparation of the online submission.
- Deadline for submissions is 28 February 2022.
- For any enquires and questions, please contact: email@example.com
Consultation Process WiA
- Selection of the Good Practices for the WiA will be conducted by the WiA MHEWS Reference Group. While only a selected number of experiences can be considered for inclusion into the WiA guide, submissions may be used in the context of UNDRR’s advocacy campaign around Sendai Framework Target G throughout the year 2022. By submitting your good practice, you agree that the information can be used in the context of the WiA and for advocacy campaigns. UNDRR may reach out to request further information regarding selected good practices.
- A public review of the WiA MHEWS guide is foreseen in May 2022.
- The final version of the WiA Guide on MHEWS will be launched on 13 October 2022, the International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction focusing on the implementation of the Sendai Framework Target G: Substantially increase the availability of and access to multi-hazard early warning systems and disaster risk information and assessments to people by 2030.